FSM Association of Chambers of Commerce
Position: FSMACC Executive Director
Salary: $18,000 to $20,000 Depending on qualifications, if based in Pohnpei
$16,000 to $18,000 Depending on qualifications, if based in another State
Duration: One Year Contract,
Subject to Renewal
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work to establish the FSMACC as a self-directed, autonomous organization that works closely with the government, private sector, and other partners.
· Work in a professional manner; follow sound management, administrative and financial procedures, including the keeping of accurate financial records.
decisions made by the FSMACC Board, including implementation of the
· Prepare the budget and annual FSMACC work plan for Board approval.
· Seek technical and financial assistance from donors and partners to enhance the development of the private sector in the FSM.
· Coordinates the flow of information between State Chambers of Commerce and other partners.
· Meeting preparation supervision including the necessary technical services, some clerical duties required.
· Undertake all other duties as determined by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director reports to the President of the FSMACC Board of Directors, but must also respond to other Board Member inquiries and requests from all Officers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Possess an AS or BA Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Science or similar fields is desirable, but not required; work experience can be considered as an alternative;
· At least 3 years of work experience in dealing with private sector, business or private sector development;
· A detailed knowledge of the private sector in the FSM;
· Proficiency in public speaking and prior grant writing experience preferred;
· An excellent command of both spoken and written English, including an the ability to prepare clear, precise briefs and other papers for consideration by the Board of the FSMACC;
· Self-motivated, with the ability to produce high-quality work under time constraints and work to strict deadlines;
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft Access; and
· Possess a pleasant personality, hardworking, result oriented, team player.
Please submit your resume with three (3) Letters of Reference to:
Ms. Cindy Mori (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary, FSMACC Board of Directors
Or to your local FSMACC delegates